Click to begin animation
- 1 The Solar Hot Water system detects the roof mounted panels are being heated by the sun.
- 2 The system sends cold water up to and through the panels and returns heated water back to the storage tank ready for use.
- 3 The system continues to harness solar energy until all the water in the tank has reached optimal temperature.
- 4 Solar heated hot water is available to be used by the house at any time.
- 5 In periods of poor solar gain or heavy water usage, if the water does not reach the optimal temperature, it is 'boosted' by an electric element or gas heater when required.